Dharma Mamas is currently seeking work by women on the topic of mothering & motherhood who are committed to a mindfulness-based practice and/or meditation practice.
Dharma Mamas publishes work by women with a solid mindfulness practice that informs their experiences as a woman and mother. Our core focus is on how women and mothers weave mindfulness into daily life. Dharma Mamas is a blog for mindful mothers, but it is not solely a parenting blog. We publish articles on mindfulness practices, parenting, family life, relationships, work, self-care, sisterhood, wellness and healing, and more, as well as book reviews and “how to” topics—all created by and for mamas seeking balance and calm. We at Dharma Mamas have been deeply moved by the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh and are interested in contributions that speak to his teachings. Learn more about Thich Nhat Hanh.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
« Parenting » Family Life » Relationships & Intimacy » Meditation & Mindfulness » Community » Self-Care & Healing » Work & Career » Single Moms » Stay at Home Moms » Adoption » Pregnancy » Birthing » Breastfeeding » Raising Twins and Multiples » The Early Years » The Middle Years » Raising Teens & Young Adults » Step-Parenting » Same Sex Parenting » Gender Nonconforming Parenting » Grand-Parenting » Foster Parenting » Race Consciousness » Sexuality & Gender » Communication » Illness » Grief & Loss » Death of a Child » Miscarriage » Non-Violence » Special Needs » International Adoption » Expat Parenting » Education » Travel »
Please Note: All guidelines are subject to editor discretion. All submissions are subject to editor approval.
- We are seeking creative nonfiction (essays and memoir,) instructional articles, poetry, illustrations, comics and photography about your mindful journey as a woman and mother.
- We seek stories by all mothers: biological and non-biological mothers, adoptive mothers, stepmothers, mothers of color, lesbian mothers, transgendered mothers, straight mothers, white mothers, young mothers, older mothers, foster mothers, divorced mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers. We honor your voice and your contribution.
- We prefer original work not previously published on the Internet.
- We will consider previously published work. Please indicate when and where the work has been previously published.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Let us know if your piece has been submitted/accepted elsewhere.
- Please read several articles on the Dharma Mamas blog before submitting.
- Not a writer? Pitch your story and we might interview you or write an article about you!
- Original work in the body of an email or attached as a .doc .docx or .rtf.
- Word Count: 2000 words or less
- Personal Bio – 100 words or less
- Description of your mindfulness practice – 200-500 words
- Photo of yourself 300 x 300 pixels
- If accepted for publication we may ask for supporting photos for your piece.
- Please Submit Work to: email@example.com
- By submitting toDharma Mamas, you are granting Dharma Mamas the first electronic rights of exclusive for the first 90 days upon publication (original work).
- You are also agreeing to give Dharma Mamas credit for first publication with a link to our site if your work is republished elsewhere.
- By submitting to Dharma Mamas, you give us your permission to publish your work both online and in possible print or online anthologies. Upon publication, all rights revert back to you.
- Dharma Mamas reserves the right to archive your work on our website indefinitely. All other rights remain property of the author.
- You grant the right to excerpt portions of the accepted work online to promote your work and Dharma Mamas. And we encourage it!